At the end of February, Western Shiprepair, one of BLRT REPAIR YARDS, completed repair of a 186.42 m long Ro-Ro/ Passenger ship STENA FLAVIA, which belongs to the Swedish shipping company Stena Line. This is the first vessel owned by Stena Line accepted by the yard in a long time.
During 12-day stay employees of the yard performed following jobs:
– Hull, tanks, decks and other compartments treatment – total coating area 18500 m2
– Overhaul of both steering gears
– Maintenance and bonding of both tail shafts
– Piping, valves and heat exchangers repairs and maintenance
– Installation of hull structure reinforcements
– Steel renewal and modification works
– Routine jobs
As stated by Mr. Bjorn Brandone, Fleet Superintendent of Stena Rederi AS: “It has been our true pleasure working together. Everyone who`s been involved in the project has followed execution plan and agreed schedule. As a result, we`ve got an efficient and professionally managed project“.
Now, the vessel is already back on track, and running between Nynäshamn-Ventspils.